Brew an Chéad Lá- The Wild Week Ahead: March 3, 2019
In many Native American nations, the butterfly is the symbol of transforming, planning a project and making changes.
Butterfly goes through four stages, which can be seen as the four stages of life or a project.
1. Is this the egg stage: Is it just a thought or idea?
2. Is this the larva stage: Do I need to make a decision?
3. Is this the cocoon/chrysalis stage: Am I developing and doing something to make my idea a reality?
4. Is this the birth/adult stage: Am I sharing my completed idea?
Butterfly can help you understand what you need to do next to continue the cycle of self-transformation. For example: Butterfly is an air symbol, so it is through the use of your mind that you will be moving through these cycles. If you have been feeling exhausted and need to know how to heal your fatigue, take notice of the colors you've been drawn to lately. Does your body feel better in green? Could this mean you need to eat more green vegetables? Maybe you need to connect with the green grass or forests again. This is the type of thinking that Butterfly brings you.
Butterfly can give you clarity to your mental processes, help you organize the project your undertaking, and assist you in finding the next step for your personal life or career.
1. The East card: This is known as the Egg Card or Egg Position. View this card as the nucleus or seed of your idea, project or activity. Allow its message to interact with the concept of your enterprise. It will suggest the value of the inner core of your plan. Is this the 'medicine' that is needed at this time or place?
2. The South card: This card is known as the Larva Card or Larva Position. This card is about early doing. What needs to be done, and how will it be done in the pragmatic world? Who will take responsibility for this work? Just as a butterfly egg first turns into a growing, struggling caterpillar, this is the medicine of the Larva Card. Will the energies be great enough to overcome obstacles? The caterpillar sheds its skin many times during its growth. Will the many egos involved in your project or activity acquiesce (shed skin) in order to facilitate achievement?
3. The West card: This card is known as the Cocoon Card or Cocoon Position. It speaks of higher purpose. It is where the highest transformation takes place, much as when transformation happens inside the cocoon and a beautiful butterfly soon emerges. In viewing this card, it is good to ask yourself why you have joined the activity or project you are considering. Be clear about your intents and purposes.
4. The North card: This card is known as the Butterfly Card or Butterfly position. It is likely to tell you if the Great Spirit walked hand-in-hand with you and your group or project. Look to this card to tell you what sorts of rewards are to be gained. Will financial rewards be yours? The North is the place of Spirit. Matter follows vision and spirit. This is the place of manifestation.